NCLB 2011-2012 FUNDING REQUIREMENT
October 25, 2010
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: 2011-2012 SC9000 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected or Delinquent
The purpose of this letter is to notify applicable local education agencies (LEAs) that the 2011-2012 SC9000 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent has been made available in eGrants as of Monday, October 25, 2010.
In order to be eligible to receive the neglected share portion of Title I, Part A generated by neglected facilities, and/or Title I, Part D, Subpart 2, grant funding generated by delinquent facilities for the 2011-2012 school year, applicable LEAs must complete and submit the SC9000 via eGrants by 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Friday, December 3, 2010, the submission deadline. Applicable LEAs that fail to meet this deadline will not be eligible for the neglected share portion of their Title I, Part A and/or Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 funds for school year 2011-2012 for the eligible students from this target population.
Applicable LEAs are those that provide education or educational support services to children who live in residential facilities for the neglected or delinquent.
No action is required of LEAs that belong to any of the following categories:
- LEAs that serve no students who live in a residential facility for the neglected or delinquent
- LEAs that do not have a residential facility for the neglected or delinquent located within their boundaries
- LEAs that are open-enrollment charter schools that either do not operate a residential facility for the neglected or delinquent or do not provide educational services to students who live in such a facility
Accessing the SC9000
The SC9000 is an eGrants Special Collections report that the LEAs will access through their Texas Education Agency Secure Environment (TEA SE) logon at https://seguin.tea.state.tx.us/apps/logon.asp:
- From the Application List, select eGrants
- Open the dropdown list titled “Available Grant Programs in eGrants.”
- From the dropdown list, select the entry titled “2011-2012 NCLB Consolidated Federal Grant Application.”
- Open form description, “2011-2012 SC9000 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent”
Completing the SC9000
To complete the SC9000, the applicable LEA must contact the administrator(s) of the residential facility and:
- Verify there is no change to pre-populated data for:
- Facility Name
- Facility Mailing Address
- Independent School District (ISD) boundary where facility is located
- Type of Facility
- Neglected - A neglected facility is a public or private residential facility (i.e., one where children are under 24-hour care) operated primarily for the care of children who have been committed to, or voluntarily placed in, the facility because of abandonment, neglect, or death of parents.
- Delinquent - A delinquent facility is a public or private residential facility (i.e., one where children are under 24-hour care) operated primarily for the care of children who have been adjudicated delinquent or are in need of supervision.
- Legal or Administrative basis (i.e., licensed by)
- Report the October 2010 Caseload Information (Note exclusion)
- Enter the number of children meeting the following criteria:
- Resided in the facility for at least one day during the month of October 2010
- Ages 5 to 17, inclusive
- Exclude from the count children under the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Ensure auditable documentation has been verified that supports the neglected or delinquent residential facility’s October 2010 caseload data. This verification is required of the LEA before the LEA certifies and submits the SC9000.
Updates to the SC9000
To request a change to pre-populated SC9000 facility information, remove a facility due to closure or change in LEA service provider, or add a new residential facility, email the Division of Formula Funding at the following email address: email@example.com.
For any questions, contact Dina Hernandez in the Division of Formula Funding at (512) 463-8525.
Senior Director, Division of Formula Funding